Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for February 12th, 2007

Trigger Time

Trigger tonight (CD20).

IUI on Wednesday (Valentine’s Day, which I find somewhat irrelevant since we don’t celebrate Valentine’s day, but it’s still an interesting coincidence).

I am ambivalent about triggering tonight. I think it’s too early, to be honest. I forgot to ask what my E2/LH was, which might have made the difference. If my LH was surging, there may not have been a choice. If my E2 hadn’t gone up much, it might have indicated that I did, indeed have only one lead follicle. But I was in the middle of a meeting when my nurse called, so I didn’t run through my normal list of questions. Anyway, on the one hand, I fear that it is too early to trigger and that it’s a waste of time. But on the other hand, who cares if it’s a waste of time? I’m done with IUIs as of Wednesday.

I have scheduled a followup appointment with Dr. Amazing, at his request, to review the IVF protocol going forward. Follow up is this Friday, Feb. 16th. It’s sooner than I would have expected, but my only other option was to wait until March 8th, which is after I would have started BCPs, so may as well meet with him sooner rather than later.

Beta will be March 1st. I should start BCPs around March 7th at the latest, assuming I even make it that far (remember that CD3 of this cycle fell on the day that my original Beta for last cycle was scheduled, so it could be I start BCPs earlier.

Oh, I mean, I suppose it’s possible I won’t start BCPs at all, since, well, this IUI could theoretically work, but that’s crazy-talk. So there you have it.

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

Last night I took a Flexiril (muscle relaxant) and codeine along with my nightly medications. The good news is that I woke up without much of a headache, but the bad news is I’m not entirely convinced that I’m even awake yet. Flexiril always does this to me, and yet I never learn my lesson. All I really want to do right now is curl up into a little tiny ball and sleep for a few more hours. Hard to do in a desk chair at the office. Bah.

Something about my monitoring appointment this morning felt “off”… like I’d already done this before. Oh wait, I had… just yesterday! Same bat room, same bat channel. Today’s ultrasound was promising, but troubling. I’ve got a lot of good growth, which is great, but unfortunately, there may be too much. The doctor covering monitoring today said that they’ll have to balance their options after getting my bloodwork results back, but that right now it’s a choice between triggering tonight, possibly a little too early or going in for one day of monitoring, risking too much growth and having to cancel due to too many follicles. Here’s where things are right now:

Right Ovary: 15.4, 14.2, 13.4
Left Ovary: 16.4, 14.2, 14.0
Lining: 15.23mm (huhwha? I’ve never had a lining that thick. Is that good or bad?? I know in theory the thicker the better, but isn’t that getting a little ridiculous?)

There are some other follicles, but I’m not so worried about them. I suppose I’ll know more after today’s phone call with my E2 level. I expect it’s likely that I’ll trigger tonight and have an IUI on Wednesday. I’m hoping the weather cooperates with these plans. If that is indeed the case, it won’t interfere with us going to Florida on Sunday, which is good news.

An IUI on Wednesday would put Beta day on March 1st. According to the normal timeline, I’d then be on BCPs for 3 weeks and start stims. However, that would possibly conflict with Passover, which can’t happen, which means I’d have to be on BCPs through April 11th or so before starting back up with the Follistim. I am not loving this timing, but I don’t think the solution is to squeeze one more IUI in, even though that would still end up around the same timing. I think I’m best off trying to stick as closely to the original plan as possible. So on March 1st, I expect to start taking BCPs, which is going to mean a lot of migraines for all of March and much of April. Especially when you factor in the Lupron, which tends to cause headaches as a side effect. Yay!

Well, hopefully I’ll get some definitive news this afternoon. Here’s hoping.

Read Full Post »

Last night I took a Flexiril (muscle relaxant) and codeine along with my nightly medications. The good news is that I woke up without much of a headache, but the bad news is I'm not entirely convinced that I'm even awake yet. Flexiril always does this to me, and yet I never learn my lesson. All I really want to do right now is curl up into a little tiny ball and sleep for a few more hours. Hard to do in a desk chair at the office. Bah.

Something about my monitoring appointment this morning felt "off"… like I'd already done this before. Oh wait, I had… just yesterday! Same bat room, same bat channel. Today's ultrasound was promising, but troubling. I've got a lot of good growth, which is great, but unfortunately, there may be too much. The doctor covering monitoring today said that they'll have to balance their options after getting my bloodwork results back, but that right now it's a choice between triggering tonight, possibly a little too early or going in for one day of monitoring, risking too much growth and having to cancel due to too many follicles. Here's where things are right now:

Right Ovary: 15.4, 14.2, 13.4
Left Ovary: 16.4, 14.2, 14.0
Lining: 15.23mm (huhwha? I've never had a lining that thick. Is that good or bad?? I know in theory the thicker the better, but isn't that getting a little ridiculous?)

There are some other follicles, but I'm not so worried about them. I suppose I'll know more after today's phone call with my E2 level. I expect it's likely that I'll trigger tonight and have an IUI on Wednesday. I'm hoping the weather cooperates with these plans. If that is indeed the case, it won't interfere with us going to Florida on Sunday, which is good news.

An IUI on Wednesday would put Beta day on March 1st. According to the normal timeline, I'd then be on BCPs for 3 weeks and start stims. However, that would possibly conflict with Passover, which can't happen, which means I'd have to be on BCPs through April 11th or so before starting back up with the Follistim. I am not loving this timing, but I don't think the solution is to squeeze one more IUI in, even though that would still end up around the same timing. I think I'm best off trying to stick as closely to the original plan as possible. So on March 1st, I expect to start taking BCPs, which is going to mean a lot of migraines for all of March and much of April. Especially when you factor in the Lupron, which tends to cause headaches as a side effect. Yay!

Well, hopefully I'll get some definitive news this afternoon. Here's hoping.

Read Full Post »

Trigger Time

Trigger tonight (CD20).

IUI on Wednesday (Valentine's Day, which I find somewhat irrelevant since we don't celebrate Valentine's day, but it's still an interesting coincidence).

I am ambivalent about triggering tonight. I think it's too early, to be honest. I forgot to ask what my E2/LH was, which might have made the difference. If my LH was surging, there may not have been a choice. If my E2 hadn't gone up much, it might have indicated that I did, indeed have only one lead follicle. But I was in the middle of a meeting when my nurse called, so I didn't run through my normal list of questions. Anyway, on the one hand, I fear that it is too early to trigger and that it's a waste of time. But on the other hand, who cares if it's a waste of time? I'm done with IUIs as of Wednesday.

I have scheduled a followup appointment with Dr. Amazing, at his request, to review the IVF protocol going forward. Follow up is this Friday, Feb. 16th. It's sooner than I would have expected, but my only other option was to wait until March 8th, which is after I would have started BCPs, so may as well meet with him sooner rather than later.

Beta will be March 1st. I should start BCPs around March 7th at the latest, assuming I even make it that far (remember that CD3 of this cycle fell on the day that my original Beta for last cycle was scheduled, so it could be I start BCPs earlier.

Oh, I mean, I suppose it's possible I won't start BCPs at all, since, well, this IUI could theoretically work, but that's crazy-talk. So there you have it.

Read Full Post »