Archive for February 5th, 2010


I’m not being discharged from the hospital just yet. Too much snow predicted (20-30 inches in our area) for anyone to feel comfortable sending me home with this many contractions. It’s the smart decision, if not the ideal. I agree with the decision even if it’s not what I would prefer. I’m off the mag sulfate, on a terbutaline pump, plus indocin and procardia to augment the tocolytic effect of the terb. Can’t stay on the Indocin long, though – so I’ll be off it tomorrow afternoon. Still have the Zofran pump and IV Phenergan. Still not eating/drinking. Still banging out contractions every few minutes, since coming off the mag. Mag’s evil, but I can’t say it doesn’t work, that’s for sure.

On the plus side, I’ve now met most of the doctors in my OB practice who deliver at this hospital, so I won’t deliver my (hopefully full-term) baby with a doctor I don’t know, in all likelihood. It won’t be long before I eclipse the total number of inpatient hospital days during pregnancy with this, my “easy” singleton pregnancy vs. my not-so-easy triplet pregnancy.

Everyone here has been pretty good to me, and the doctors have been on top of everything. I’m pleased with the level of care I’ve been getting, and I know I’m in good hands. I’m just… bored and about to go into shabbos with nothing to really read or do and no way to get anything to read or do b/c of the snow. Not the end of the world, but it *would* be nice if something would give.

Wish I weren’t so boring, but I truly can’t think of anything else useful to say. That’s pretty much all that’s going on so far.

Read Full Post »